Cyberbullying, virtual sexual harassment, remote work challenges, effective decision-making in the face of uncertainty: these are some of the challenges we are encountering as we enter the ‘Next Normal’. Not to mention existing trucking industry challenges such as changing legislation, mounting pressures from labour – and more.
These and other labour-related issues will be part of programme line-up at the Labour Indaba hosted by the Road Freight Association (RFA). This one-day event takes place on Wednesday 25 November at the Kopanong Hotel & Conference Centre in Benoni, East Rand.
The day’s Agenda includes:
- ‘Decision Time: Thriving Through SA’s Post-Covid Politics: 2020-2024’ by Justice Malala – international speaker and renowned political commentator, newspaper columnist and television personality
- ‘Mediation – and specifically Workplace Mediation – its Meaning, Value, Practicality and Relevance in the Current Context of the Online World of Work” by Marion Shaer – Director: Conflict Dynamics
- ‘Reason over Ransom: National Union of Metalworkers of South Africa and Others versus Aveng Trident Steel and Another 2020’ by Mohsina Chenia – Director: Employment Law at Cliffe Dekker Hofmeyr Inc
- ‘Legislative Gaps: Employment of Foreigners’ by Jared Francis – Industrial Relations Manager: SERR Synergy
- ‘Virtual Sexual Harassment – Artificial or Real in the Remote World of Work?’ by Phetheni Nkuna – Director (Employment Law) at Cliffe Dekker Hofmeyr Inc
- ‘Drinking while Working Remotely’ by Bongani Masuku – Director at Cliffe Dekker Hofmeyr Inc
- ‘Effective Decision-Making in the Face of Uncertainty’ by Mitch Ilbury – Founder and Director at Growing Foxes
- “Workplace Bullying – It’s Real’ by Rianette Leibowitz – Cyber Safety & Cyber Wellness Author, Speaker and Change Agent
In addition to the wealth of knowledge and expertise, delegates will gain throughout the Indaba, they will also receive a free RFA Mini Labour Library. Published by Juta, this 2020 eight-volume set contains a number of Acts relating to employment labour and related topics.
RFA members will enjoy a discounted rate to attend.
Delegates who cannot make it to Kopanong can register for the RFA Virtual Indaba.
To register visit http://rfa.co.za/labourindaba/register